The CakePHP Framework: Installation and Simple Usage
PHP is one of the most popular programming platforms used by web development companies across the world. Cake PHP is an open source web application framework and follow the MVC (model-view-controller) approach and written in PHP. This framework requires less code and makes web developing simpler & faster.
The cake PHP
While working on website development services like PHP, is a significant amount of time spends in rewriting the common code for usual processes like database access or returning data to the browser. So, what we need is a PHP framework so we don’t need to write the code. Cake PHP exactly does the same and provides multiple libraries that support common tasks and it also facilitates organizing the code in the folder, associating code with files etc. It results in reduced time for rewriting and organizing the code. This framework makes web development easier with its advanced features. Some of its features are listed below:
- It has compatibility with PHP4 and PHP5 both. The version needed is 4.3.2.
- It supports for MYSQL, PostgreSQL, PEAR-DB and wrappers for ADODB and a library for database abstraction.
- MVC (model-view-controller) support.
- Simple and easy CRUD (create, read, update and delete) database interaction.
- It’s a free open source MIT license that allows you to use CakePHP framework in any project.
- Scaffolding feature to save production time.
- Operation related to caching.
- Search engine friendly URLS.
- Tempting with familiar PHP syntax.
- Input sanitization and validation tools to provide much more security to your data.
How to use?
Before you start developing on the CakePHP framework, you will need your own copy of framework uploaded to your server. You can download it from its official site, there are so many file formats available.
CakePHP is a rapid development framework provides an extensible architecture for developing, maintaining, and deploying an application. Using commonly known MVC and ORM within the convention over configuration, CakePHP, reduces development costs and helps developers to write less code.
Upload and install
Download the stable release of CakePHP framework, after receiving the copy get started with PHP and MYSQL enabled web space. It’s recommended to create your own library for CakePHP framework.
Make sure, will it work?
Once you have installed and done, the current SQL database. The installation is ready for developing and checking the data. Your database configuration file is present, CakePHP framework able to connect with PHP.
The new technologies are emerging with new features to make the professional web designing simple and easier.